Version of January 16, 2023
This privacy and data collection policy governs the conditions under which LINAGORA collects, stores, uses and protects your personal data.
This statement is part of a general approach of fairness and transparency. Its objective is to allow you to understand and control the use of your data.
LINAGORA is a company with a mission in the field of Free Software. For more than 20 years LINAGORA has been inventing and developing ethical Free and Open Source Software (what we call “GoodTech”) to help change the world by having a maximum of positive impacts for people, society and the planet.
LINAGORA is positioned as a major player in Open Source and is more generally invested in all aspects of digital ethics. It is very natural that the rules of confidentiality are at the heart of LINAGORA’s practices, services and solutions.
Our principles are in line with the legal requirements for data protection:
- Purpose limitation principle
Personal data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes”_ (Article 5.1.b) of the GDPR).
In accordance with this principle, the collection of personal data implemented by LINAGORA is never an end in itself. It is systematically accompanied by purposes.
- Data minimization principle
Collections of personal data must be: “adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed” (Article 5.1.c) of the GDPR).
In accordance with this principle, any collection of personal data by LINAGORA is strictly necessary and proportionate to the purpose.
- Principle of limited retention
“Personal data must be kept in a form that permits identification of the data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed” (Article 5.1.e of the GDPR).
In accordance with this principle, the data collected by LINAGORA are never kept indefinitely by default. Once the time necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing has passed, personal data will either be deleted, anonymized or archived (when required by law).
- Integrity and Confidentiality Principle
“Personal data must be processed in such a way as to ensure appropriate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures” (Article 5.1.f of the GDPR).
In accordance with this principle, LINAGORA takes all precautions in terms of clearance, security of its internal computer network, security of servers, encryption of data and supervision of exchanges with other organizations.
LINAGORA ensures that all these principles are taken into account from the start of the development of new features. The default configuration of LINAGORA solutions ensures the highest level of protection.
LINAGORA ensures that these requirements are also implemented by its subcontractors and partners.
Our website aims to inform you about LINAGORA’s services, products and news. We offer contact forms on each page so that visitors can contact LINAGORA teams for commercial reasons, information or specific requests.
Our data processing
In order to improve the experience on our website it is interesting to know the path of our visitors. This data does not allow us to identify you personally. Furthermore, we do not disclose, trade or sell any of this data.
When you contact us by email, we collect your name, email address and the associated message. We only share this information with the appropriate department to process the request.
In order for us to provide you with the best possible experience on our websites, we want to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the services, this may include:
- Your contact information – when you request help, send us questions or comments, or report a problem, we will collect your name, email address, message, etc. We will only use this information to respond to your requests. Because the collection of this information is essential to the proper functioning of the service you request, your consent to the collection is always assumed here.
- Your statistical/cookie data – when you visit our site, we may collect the url of the website from which you visited us, the parts of our site you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymous IP address, device information (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are in, type of web browser you used during your visit, etc.
In order to improve the experience on our website it is interesting to know the path of visitors. We therefore process this usage data in Matomo Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve our site and to recognize and stop any misuse.
This statistical data is not essential to the performance of the service and we will only collect it after having obtained your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
The duration of retention of your data
LINAGORA strives to delete data as soon as the purpose of their processing is achieved.
LINAGORA keeps your personal data for a maximum of 13 months from the date of collection. It will then be deleted or anonymized even if the purpose of the processing could not be achieved.
In any case you have the possibility to request the correction or the anticipated deletion of the information concerning you by mail at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data controller: LINAGORA, a simplified joint stock company with a capital of 1,552,980 euros, located at 37 rue Pierre Poli – CS 60238, 92441 Issy-les-Moulineaux Cedex, registered with the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under SIRET number 431 473 669 00130.
- Telephone number: +33 (0)1 46 96 63 63
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Publication Director: Alexandre ZAPOLSKY
We invite you to contact us if you have any questions about the confidentiality or use of your data. You can also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in France: www.cnil.fr).